Translate Our Blog

Monday, May 21, 2018

My Must Have Beauty Products

This may not interest everyone but finding beauty products in Mexico hasn't been the easiest task for me. I had the things I liked to use back in the States, and sadly, those brands aren't as easy to find here. Sometimes even impossible. Thankfully with trips back to the US being somewhat often means I can stock up but then friends and family have also been kind and brought back items for us too. So, I am branching out and finding lines that work for me here.

I have been searching for a shampoo and condition that I like here in Mexico with no luck. However, after a shopping trip at Sam's yesterday, I feel I may have found a winner. Everything I have found has left my hair feeling really dry and since I color my hair, I needed something with extra moisture. Pierre's Apothecary has been a line I have seen a few places so when I saw the giant bottles at Sam's I figured I would give it a try. So far my hair smells and feels really great.

Back home I used to use Moroccan Oil, so I was happy to find several salons here that carry the line. It really helps my hair stay shiny and less frizzy - the heat here is a killer on the hair... It smells amazing too.  

Ponds is a new line for me. I never really paid much attention to it back home but it is everywhere here. It seems to be the predominant skincare line here. I went to a spa for a facial and they used Ponds and Neutrogena products, which I thought was a bit odd. I guess I was expecting more of a spa line but I guess they went with what is readily available here. I will say I do have a new found respect for Ponds. I brought some ponds wipes back from the States and have noticed they really do moisturize my skin and if you use it on your neck and chest I always noticed less wrinkles after using them. I bought what I thought was a facial wash but it seems it's more of a makeup remover/face wash. I am going to try it and see if it helps with dry skin. The sun and weather are drying out my skin...

A great line for lotion and to get rid of scars, is Palmer's Cocoa Butter. I have been using it on my surgery scars and they seem to be healing nicely. This line can be found in the US and Mexico very easily. It's a nice thick lotion, smells great and really moistures nicely. 

Lastly, my favorite sunscreen is Coola and I actually emailed the company to find out how to get it here in Mexico. There are only 3 hotel spas that sell it here so it's not as easy for me to get a hold of... Thankfully, my friend Jodi mailed me a nice supply that should last a few more months. It's a great line as it doesn't feel like normal sunscreen and it smells great. (I clearly care about how things smell as I have mentioned it over and over again in the article). I typically use their face lotion daily and it has a nice tint to it. 

I would love to know if you have any favorite brands that you love as I am always looking. Now that I am 41 and living in a very sunny environment I really have been trying to pay more attention to my skin. The sun is a great way to really age your skin so I am trying to do all I can to make sure I do as little damage as possible.

If you have found anything you love and can't live without, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment