Translate Our Blog

Friday, February 8, 2019

Remodeling Is For The Birds

For me (Tarah), remodeling a home is pure joy. I love picking out the colors, decor, layout, furniture, decor... you name it! For Keith, it’s pure stress. Now I love this man more than life itself but I constantly put him in this situation. He always agrees. By the end of it he’s stressed and saying never again.


On this trip we decided to redo our drab laundry room and guest bedroom closet. Both were dull and ugly. We were going to hire a painter but to save money, I did it myself. I am really proud to say, it turned out great! We went to Home Depot with a plan but then saw the Behr 2019 color winner, which is this amazing blue. So, the plan changed! We had originally wanted to do a shiplap peel and stick wallpaper but come to find out our walls are textured and the wallpaper won’t stick.

Next up, the closet. It was a hot mess! The previous owners just had a big board shelf for luggage. No place for hangars or clothing, drab walls and the light didn’t work. I opted to paint the walls my new favorite blue, we added a shelf and clothing bar, added a dresser, a rug and a very fancy chandelier light. Classy! I didn’t take a before picture but I assure you, it was bad. What do you think of the update?




No comments:

Post a Comment