Translate Our Blog

Monday, October 22, 2018

Scuba Diving with Mom in Akumal

My mother came to visit for a week and all she requested to do was to go scuba diving. I was certified when I was 17 all because of her. It was very much a part of her life 15 or so years ago and she hasn't really been doing it at all anymore. Now that she is nearing 70, and with us living in Mexico, she really wanted to get back into it. 


We took her to Akumal Dive Shop and they took the 3 of us out to do a 45 min shallow dive. After she jumped in the water she had a mini freak out, which I can relate to as I did the exact same thing a few months ago when I first got back into the water with gear on. The guide calmed her down and helped her descend.

Once we were all on the bottom he held onto her until she was comfortable. We swam around for quite awhile and we were lucky enough to see two very large sea turtles, a lion fish, several parrot fish, trigger fish, angel fish and an old motorcycle. Apparently, where we went, they call it Motorcycle Alley.


Keith, Mom and Me with the motorcycle

No comments:

Post a Comment